6 Important Financial Strategies for Your 20s and 30s
A Pew Charitable Trusts study found that members of Gen X may not have saved enough or accumulated too much debt to be on track for a comfortable retirement. We understand the difficulties of managing competing financial priorities while trying to save for retirement. As a financial consultant in Rockland County, NY, our goal is to help minimize that worry and anxiety by providing you with guidance and advice to set priorities and help you start managing your finances today so you can plan ahead for tomorrow through financial planning in Rockland County, NY.
Getting Your Financial House in Order
Some key areas we cover when working with clients such as you include:
- Creating a budget and sticking to it.
- Making sure your money is invested properly.
- Getting out of debt. The average American household with a credit card has over $14,000 in credit card debt. At an average rate of over 14% that means they are paying about $2,000 per year in interest.
- Setting up some sort of emergency fund.
- Managing your cash flow.
- Minimize risk with appropriate insurance.
- Leveraging your employer’s retirement plan by increasing contributions.
- When to consider a Roth IRA for retirement and college savings.
- Paying in cash whenever possible- “if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it”
- Prepare for the unexpected with up-to-date legal documents.
Your financial literacy is important to us. We can work together to provide the answers you need, help you manage debt and start a savings plan that fits your needs. We have created this guide to help you get organized and begin to put your financial house in order. Fill in the sections on the downloadable worksheet and let’s review them together.